Safe and energy-efficient wall panels and materials for a healthier indoor environment#
- Develop new eco-materials and components for the purpose of creating both healthier and more energy efficient buildings.
- Create and symbiotically use natural eco-material for healthier indoor environments through hygrothermal (heat and moisture) regulation and the removal of airborne contaminants.
- Develop design tools for holistic assessment of indoor environmental quality (IEQ).
Course of action
- Advancing state of the art in the technology and application of multifunctional bio-based insulation materials, vapour permeable and hygrothermal and moisture buffering finishes, together with wood panel products, to create both internal partition and external highly insulated wall panels.
- Develop indoor air quality (IAQ), hygrothermal and acoustic models
- Model integration and prototype application
- Generic Room Model (GRM) in Modelica exported and used as stand-alone simulation module (FMU).
- Using parametric data and interfaces to building information modeling (BIM).
- Novel database for ECO-SEE product information coupled with multi-domain simulation models.
- Evaluation of simulation results by multi-dimensional IEQ parameters.
- User friendly prototype IEQ assessment tool for evaluation and comparison of ECO-SEE product performance.